- 1 lb organic ground turkey
- olive oil
- sea salt
- diced yellow onion or shallot
- Italian seasoning (my favorite is Tuscan seasoning from the Spice/Tea exchange!)
- 28-oz can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 lb frozen organic peas
- chopped celery
- chopped carrots
- 1 to 2 packs baby bella mushrooms, chopped into large pieces
- 1 small head green cabbage, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 can red kidney beans (optional)
- Heat oil in skillet. When oil is hot, saute onion. Sprinkle on some sea salt and Italian seasoning
- Brown the ground turkey.
- Dump tomatoes with juices into a large pot. Add Italian seasoning. Add celery, peas, carrots, mushrooms. Add turkey and stir. Optional: add a can of kidney beans. Simmer for an hour or so.
- Add cabbage and cook until tender.