Cuz they’re so pretty! And they’re great for your liver and heart. They’re cancer-fighters, too. Have problems with high blood pressure? Try eating some beets or drinking beet juice!
I made this recipe up basically cuz I wanted to see these colors together. It came out so delicious!! We were drinking wine with two dear friends and we polished off the whole tray, just hanging in the kitchen. Can’t wait to make this again! I bought the Chiogga beets by accident at Whole Foods; I thought I was buying regular beets. These tasted sweeter I think? And they were so pretty! But regular beets would be great, too.
Warning! If your poop or pee turn red, don’t panic; you’re not dying. It just means you ate a bunch of beets.
- 3 very large Chiogga (or regular) fresh beets. Or buy more if using smaller beets. Make a bunch cuz you’re gonna love this!
- a handful of Clementines, about 3 or 4
- olive oil
- sea salt
- minced garlic
- black pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- fresh parsley
- Use a knife to peel the beets. Cut them into same-sized pieces. Go with chunks or you can do flat circles. (The circles would work well if you’re using Chiogga beets, to show off their colorful spirals)
- Toss them with olive oil, minced garlic, sea salt, black pepper. Spread onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 400 F. Check them after 20 minutes. Cook until they’re soft enough to eat, to your liking.
- While the beets are roasting, chop some fresh parsley and peel your Clementines.
- Toss the beets with a little balsamic vinegar and the parsley and Clementines. Ta-da! Done.