These burger bites are a go-to here at the Hormek household. They’re quick, delicious, they make great leftovers, and they contain veggies! We don’t eat them on buns; we just pop ’em on the plate. They’re so juicy!
Gluten free, paleo
- 1 zucchini, washed but not peeled
- 1 lb organic ground turkey (or chicken)
- minced garlic
- sea salt, pepper
- fresh herbs
- whatever else you’d like!
- olive oil
- Grate the zucchini into a large mixing bowl. I try to squeeze out the excess water by pushing it into a mesh strainer.
- Add the ground turkey and mix.
- Add other stuff. I highly recommend chopped fresh herbs because they count as a green veggie! Experiment and see what you like. Try basil and parsley! How about some diced onion? I add lots of minced garlic, and always add ground black pepper and sea salt. Maybe some paprika or chili pepper?
- Mix everything up. Then form big burger patties, or smaller-sized nuggets.
- Pan-saute in a high-quality olive oil on both sides until they’re cooked through and no longer pink. Don’t shush them around in the pan too much; you want them to brown up. Cooking time depends on size of patties.
- Serve with more veggies on the side! They go well with sweet potatoes.
Oh hi! If you click HERE and give me your email address, I’ll send you free recipes, tips, ramblings etc!