Ume plums are super popular in Japan. They’re fermented salty plums that are super healthy! They’re hard to find in the US. But you can buy Ume Plum vinegar.
- Trim the ends off of fresh green beans and discard. Wash.
- Toss with grapeseed or high-quality extra virgin olive oil. Add black pepper. Add garlic too, if you’d like! Toss. (I don’t add salt because the vinegar is salty)
- Spread out onto a greased cookie sheet, or place parchment paper on the cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes or so. I like mine a little crunchy.
- Place in bowl and sprinkle on some ume plum vinegar. Throw in some diced shallot or red onion, if you’d like. Toss and serve. Yum!
- Another option: try with asparagus instead, especially in the spring, when it’s in season! Another option: blanche the veggie instead of roast. When a pot of water is boiling, throw in the veggie for 60 to 90 seconds. Then drain out the water.